Repainting a kichen. You mention closets as well as frames, so I think your focus is on the cupboards more than walls and ceilings.
My experience is with wood cupboards, especially 80's Oak closets, if yours are melamine, the only distinction will be a light fining sand to harsh up the coating sufficient to hold your paint and provide you an excellent surface.
I made use of two products, both from General Finishes, a specialty paint producer, both semigloss. A skim coat in antique white and also a leading layer clear finish. The top coat is what offers me the toughness as well as the scrubability.
Were I to do it once more, I would certainly not bother with the elegant paint. I would obtain any latex semigloss that is scrubable. Several paints are for trim as well as doors, or childrens rooms, that's the kind I would certainly purchase following time.
Back to what I actually did. I did not vacant any kind of cabinets, just the doors, frames and visible outside panels obtained dealt with.
I cleaned the closet structures and also doors-- front as well as back.
I eliminated all the hardware. Each collection of equipment went in a baggie. Covering up tape number on the baggie, the closet door and the inside flooring of the cupboard to match whatever back up conveniently.
I sprayed each door with TSP, a heavy duty cleaner from the hardware store. Allow the cleaner and the dust drip off the doors, after that rinsed each door throughly.
Laid the doors bent on dry over night.
Poured paint into the tiny paint tray as well as began. My doors were raised panels, so I did a light layer with a paintbrush around the seams and also ridges of a door, then used the four inch foam roller to paint the door front. I had actually slabs set up in an extra room to lay each repainted door on. Get hold of the next door and also proceed. Fronts just so far!
Once all the fronts were done, I left them all to dry as well as painted the outside visible frameworks of my cupboards as well as the outside panels that were visible.
By evening, I transformed the doors over as well as repetitive action 5 on each door back. I left them over night to completely dry.
Following early morning I did it again, but completely dry time was much faster. I turned them over by noontime and painted the backs.
Offered the door structures as well as side panels their second layer.
By night, I provided the door fronts their "top layer" and also left them to dry.
3rd morning, I cover coated the back of each door and also the door structures and panels. I left them to completely dry and also remedy!
All the instructions cautioned me to allow them treat for at the very least two days, yet I couldnt delay. By lunch on the fouth early morning, the hardware was paired up, re-installed as well as the doors were back on. I managed them carefully as the paint and leading layer aren't "hard" right away. The new surface could get wounded, or nicked.
It was just a few days prior to Xmas and I was determined to have a fully finished kitchen area!
Our Xmas was excellent, the cabinets are lovely, and also while it was time consuming, it actally was not that much job! The drying out took the lengthiest, and the only part of me that got a workout was my patience!